Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

PRAYER REQUEST!!!!

On a serious note, please pray for a young lady named Jennifer. She was rushed to the hospital for complications with her pregnancy, and I hope that everything is ok. I know how it feels to lose a baby...I lost one in 1993, and the devastation is almost unbearable.

My prayer is that God would allow her baby to live. I prayed that he would choose to let Jennifer give birth at the appropriate time, whenever that may be, and that he would remove all fear and anxiety.

Please pray with me for this young lady, her baby, her Mom, and her entire family.

I made quite a few phone calls this evening, and I was horribly disappointed. Some of the same folks who expect me to pray at a drop of a hat with or for them didn't have any time to pray for this young lady. After hearing the prayer request, one fella wanted to get off the phone because he wanted to get back to his company.

What the heck?!?!?!

God, I am more than a little frustrated right now. I pray that you help me to calm down and to remember that you are in control of everything.

Help me to focus on what's important. For instance:

1.) You are God! You know exactly what you're doing, and I do not need to be "God, Jr."!

2.) You know Jennifer intimately. You were with her as I prayed with her mother and even as I type this now. Thank you for that, Lord.

3.) Your scripture (Psalm 30) that we studied at Bible study this evening says, "Weeping may endureth for a night, but joy cometh in the morning!" That's what I pray, Lord: please allow Jennifer to have peace and joy, regardless of tonight's outcome.

Jesus, I pray that you help Jennifer not to be bitter if this ends tragically. Your word also promises that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord. I pray that she accepts you as her Lord and Savior (if she hasn't already) and learns to love you more deeply than she ever imagined.

Help her to feel your love flowing over her, especially tonight.

Bless her, Lord! I pray in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: