Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

finally ready to date (maybe...)

I ran into a guy friend when my Mom took me to the store yesterday. He has asked a female friend of mine to encourage me to date him and has called several times, but I was hoping something would spark between me and someone else.

It didn't, and it probably never will. The "someone else" is a wonderful friend...nothing romantic has or will happen there, except what I've recklessly allowed to occur in my own heart.

But I'm wasting so much time, aren't I? I shouldn't be so reluctant to date, right? I'm not married anymore, and there's nothing stopping me from simply going to dinner and/or a movie. I've heard that Fireproof is supposed to be great, so I could meet him at the theater on or after the 21st when I'm allowed to drive. [That may sound silly to you, but I have to really trust a man before I'll ride in his car.]

Maybe God has a gift for both us, but I've been too stubborn to envision him - - or anybody other than the one I wanted - - being a romantic interest. I will pray about this today...you can join me!

I'll keep you posted. Perhaps I'll give him a call tonight. :o)

No comments: