Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, February 22, 2009

balance

I am going to try to balance all that God has for me to do with all that I want to do. I have a track record of jumping into a gazillion projects (and doing a half-way decent if not "good" job at all of them at the expense of sleep and family time).

But I agreed to join a group that will meet this afternoon. The good news is that I'll regularly see some friends that I usually can't see. More good news is that we'll have supper together and then attend a worship service. It's soooo much fun to worship God, isn't it?

Even more good news is that I'm no longer running from a call to teach the word of God. Some people might call it a call to "preach," but I'm not ready for that word yet. I entertained the possibility of getting licensed at my church, but after talking to my pastor I prefer waiting. Maybe I'll never get licensed, and that's fine.

I have no idea what God has in store as far as ministry, but I do know that I love teaching the women's Bible study. I was a bit sad when pastor asked to keep the women and men together for a while, but he knows what he's doing. Maybe that's a good thing; I'll have more freedom to not go if I'm swamped with paperwork when I return to teaching next week.

For a while I was at church four days per week: Sunday (worship), Tuesday (T.O.P.S.), Wednesday (teach Women's Bible study), and Saturday (type the bulletin). I think I'll take the boys to youth group on Tuesday and use that time to type the bulletin. If Pastor teaches the Wednesday night Bible studies, then I'll only need to be at church two days per week until the summer, when I can resume everything. Life gets hectic when I have a full-time job (and three part-time jobs) while trying to juggle ministry stuff.

I'll pray some more about it.


No comments: