Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

feeling loved

My, oh my, you should see my kitchen door. It is filled with cards from folks who miss me at work or simply wanted to send "Get well!" wishes my way.

Some of them are from people at my church who are constantly checking on me. Others are from coworkers who let me know that they're praying for me. I didn't even know some of them were Christians, but I sure do appreciate their thoughtfulness!

One is from a guy who used to be an enemy. We worked together on a play a few months ago, and our interactions have been nothing but positive lately. I won't lie, though; it took a LOT of prayer on my part to forgive and forget. As much as I hate to admit it, our friction wasn't only his fault. The Lord is softening my heart, and I can honestly say that I like this man now. He's a bit ornery, but he can be sweet when he feels like it. I invited him to a potluck at church next Sunday, and I sincerely hope that he comes so that we can chat a bit more.

I spent at least an hour writing personal thank-you notes to folks who haven't received one yet. I have a horrible feeling, though, that I've forgotten somebody. It's so hard to keep track of every kindness folks have shown me!

I'm feeling much better; the pain is almost completely gone and has been replaced with some numbness and a wee bit of discomfort. I don't even need Advil anymore! :o) Praise God! It may sound silly, but I am REALLY looking forward to driving my car next week! Woo hoo!


No comments: