Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 23, 2009

up and about

Hi! I've been gone for a while due to a little surgery, but I'm home again. I thank God for blessing me with friends and family who are so willing to help! I had several visitors when I was in the hospital, and one already stopped by this evening to give me a care package: some chocolate for a treat and ginger ale to settle my tummy. :o)

I think the meds I got in the hospital were WAY better than my prescriptions. I hurt pretty badly tonight, but I'm sure I'll get better soon.

For the first time I had the opportunity to read a note from my substitute teacher, and my kids are giving her a rough time. Perhaps she is simply too nice. I gave her some pointers and offered to help her in any way I could. She'll be "me" until March 4th, so I hope the first two days of class haven't discouraged her too badly.

I will never, ever take walking for granted. I shuffled through the halls at the hospital as often as I could, even the day after surgery, and I'm shuffling here at home too. I miss my job terribly already, and I'm looking forward to seeing my students again.

Until then, I must learn to relax and fill my days with some scripture reading and prayer before tackling the grading that must be done.

Do you have any prayer requests? I'd love to pray for/with you! God bless!

No comments: