Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Excitement in serving the Lord!

Since speaking on Sunday I have been intrigued by preaching styles. Flipping through channels looking for preachers, I wanted to not only hear God's word but also observe the delivery of it.

Last week I wanted God to be the focus of the service. I didn't want to take any attention away from the Lord, but part of me really wanted to know what people thought.

If God liked it, then he'll allow me to do it again. :o)

Yesterday was a wonderful day! We needed new cell phones, but a cell phone provider bought our old company, and the new folks don't supply free phones. In fact, the cheapest phone they offered was $200! Besides, we wouldn't have received the "free" phones until the end of 2009 anyway.

So, my younger son and I decided to talk to God about it.

We prayed, "Lord, please show us favor! If it's in your will to give us affordable phones and a better plan, then we receive that, Lord! If not, we still love and praise you! We want your will for us, whatever that may be, Father. Thank you! In Jesus' name, amen."

We walked into the store, and I immediately recognized one of the associates as a former student. She ran over and gave me a big hug.

I said, "I've been told that the cheapest phones you have are $200. I don't have that kind of extra money, but I need THREE phones. Can you help me?"

She said, "Sure! No problem! Just come over here and pick some!"

Look at God! Here's what the Lord did for us:

1.) I was NOT penalized for ending the contracts early. [The lady I spoke to last summer told me there'd be a huge penalty.]

2.) She had several nice phones that were only $20 with a new contract! [That's only 10% of $200!]

3.) She DOUBLED our anytime minutes for the price of one trip to McDonald's - - - ordering from the dollar menu!

4.) My son brought his Christmas money and splurged on a really nice phone instead of the $20 one. [He paid for the difference...not me.]

5.)
We received accessories too! [I had previously been told I'd have to pay for each one.] I felt comfortable accepting all of them because her manager and another associate helped her put our package together, so she wasn't being immoral to get me a good deal. We had simply found favor from the most high God!

So...what should have theoretically cost me at least $600 [$200/phone] only cost me $60! Woo hoo! Praise God!

I know that was a long story, but I just had to brag about the goodness of God! I'm so grateful, and so are my boys.




1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I loved your story Michelle! Feels good to know that nothing WE do really does much, but if we just pray...

How are things? Work? Family? Church? You? I've finally made a few real commitments in my life and am waiting to see some changes. I've started a new blog which I'm really excited about. Going totally public about a weight loss journey sure is a kick in the pants to follow through! Come for a visit... click on the yellow ribbon on the left sidebar.

Have a great evening! I'm doing some sorting in my office AGAIN!