Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Good morning!

I only have one resolution for 2009: to become a better woman, whatever that looks like.

I have been in physical pain off and on since last week because of my own stupidity. I was feeling rather well, and for a moment I forgot that I recently had surgery. As I straightened the office at church, I saw an unopened box of copy paper that had been sitting on a desk for a few days. Without thinking, I picked it up and carried it to the counter to put the reams in the cabinet.

You can probably figure out the rest.

I have been trying to rest this week, and I'm afraid to exercise because I don't want to feel any more pain. Maybe I'll start walking next week.

Weight loss is usually my only goal, but this year it will only be part of my journey. I'm still going to cook healthy meals and try to stay away from fattening foods, but exercise needs to be a daily part of my routine too.

My boys have lost quite a bit of weight because of their active lifestyles and my conscious effort this year to buy foods that will nourish our bodies. In fact, I'm so blessed when they go to the store with me. Instead of asking for chips or candy, they beg for yogurt and strip cheese! (Really! I'm not making this up!)

Last night I didn't feel particularly well, so I made a simple dinner. I cooked the leftover Christmas turkey in a pan with two tablespoons of canola oil, some Mrs. Dash seasoning, and a jar of roasted red bell peppers, which I sliced. I didn't use any salt or butter. I poured that mixture over some noodles, and voila! We enjoyed a healthy, easy to make, quick supper. My boys LOVED it!

I have already begun reading my Bible more often, and I'm enjoying my time with God. I definitely need to continue spending time with him, even when life gets hectic.

I loved preaching on Sunday, so I'm hoping that I'll get to do that again in 2009. If not, the ladies at church will keep me busy with the women's Bible study. They are wonderful, and I love them dearly.

What will you focus on in the new year?

No comments: