Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

reflecting on 2008

Isn't God magnificent?

My self-esteem before and after my divorce was utterly destroyed. I thank God for J. and K., two of my guy friends (yes, just "friends") who've done wonders to help my heart heal. I'm a short, chubby, mixed chick, but they made me feel more beautiful than ever.

Yes, I have girlfriends, but these two gentlemen helped me feel like a woman again (not just Mom, teacher, or music director). I don't think they have any idea how much their attention, affection and kindness have impacted me this year. Knowing them was definitely part of God's perfect timing.

I don't think that either is "the one," nor am I looking for that anymore. I'm simply enjoying my life, a rich one filled with people who love me. I don't know what it feels like to be cherished by a husband, and I have accepted the real possibility that I never will. Being single is ok with me now, but it took a long, seemingly endless time to get to this point. I'm a good, loving, affectionate person, a whole person, with or without a sweetheart.

I thank God for my health too. I had a scare with uterine cancer, and the doctor will be watching me carefully to make sure those durn cells stay non-cancerous....but I'm cancer free! Yay! I only need meds, and my health insurance covers it. THAT is definitely a blessing too.

I am on my way toward being debt-free. Several problems have happened at no fault of my own, but I have enough to take care of my boys.

When my lease is up, I'd like to buy a cheap but dependable used car and eliminate a monthly payment. Then I'd like to double my student loan payments so that I can pay it off earlier than planned. I've already been building a little nest egg for myself, so I'll have a nice chunk of cash when I retire.

What ideas has God been giving you? How has he healed your heart? I pray that he continues to move in your life in a real and powerful way!






No comments: