Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas shopping

I'm not your typical girl:

I do NOT like shopping.

Fortunately, I finished buying Christmas presents today; I spent very little (less than $200 INCLUDING Christmas dinner...not bad, eh?).

I usually make sugar cookies and deliver them as Christmas presents to friends and family. This year, though, I decided to buy a few gifts, especially for my very young nieces.

Those girls (ages 3 and 4) love to raid my purse every time I visit them. They are so cute! Both of them love lip gloss and finger nail polish, so I bought them their own. ;o) Along with other goodies, the gloss and polish are inside a purse for each of them: one is gold, the other black.

I plan on making sugar cookies either tomorrow or Monday before a doctor's appointment. I can frost them on Tuesday and get a head start on Christmas dinner. Christmas at our house is VERY laid back; in fact, it's also known as "pajama day." My boys and I stay in our jammies (jogging outfits) and lounge around, play board games, watch t.v., and of course eat.

My Mom and brother will come over, but they probably won't stay very long.

I get to deliver the sermon next Sunday, so I'll pro'ly spend some time this week tweaking and practicing what I've written. My pastor can preach without notes, but I'll have to work up to that. I can teach English lessons without notes every day, but this is different. I want to make sure I share exactly what God gave me last week without getting side-tracked, so I will have my notes in front of me the whole time.

Have a fantastic evening! I love you!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Michelle, I would just love to hear you speak at church! I know you'll do awesome!
Have a great week...and an amazing Christmas! We're snowed in here today so maybe I'll catch up on some much needed housework.
Hugs! Kim

Michelle said...

I'm a bit nervous, but I'm hoping God will take over and let them understand what I'm trying to say.

I'll pro'ly repeat myself if I get nervous, but that's ok. They love me, so I'm sure I won't offend them too much. :O)

Merry Christmas!