Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, December 13, 2008

grown-up time

Today I desperately needed some adult conversation, and I got it!

I also needed some hugs, and I got those too. What made that so enjoyable is that I didn't need to ask; several folks simply walked up and gave me the most awesome hugs ever. [Thanks, God!]

A friend of mine asked if I wanted to go out this evening, so I did. What a fabulous night!

Tomorrow will be wonderful simply because it will start with the worship service at church. After that, I will go to a Christmas party with a friend, and I should be home by 6:00 to do laundry and grade some papers.

It sounds hectic, but my schedule is actually lovely. I hope your Sunday is special!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey you! How are things? We haven't talked forEVER it seems! Robyn and I were away last week on our first "real" vacation together. We went to the Mayan Riveria and it was so awsomse. There are some pics on my blog if you wanna have a peek.
Are you all ready for Christmas? I think I am... it's sure strange holidaying at this time of year - it kind of throws you off of everything you should be doing! But it was worth it. We will have Christmas Eve brunch with my cousin and her family (we alternate each year who hosts it and it's our turn), then church in the evening. Christmas morning will be brunch and stockings at our place with my family, and then off to my parents' for "the tree" and dinner. Robyn's parents can't come from Alberts this year. It won't be the same without them!
Anyway, hope all is well...
Hugs, Kim

Michelle said...

Hey girl!

I'm so glad you had fun on vacation.

I had a little surgery last Wednesday, and I have a doctor's appointment on Monday to hear about some options.

Yes, I'm ready for Christmas. In fact, I can't wait! I'm not looking forward to doing all of the cooking, but I AM excited about spending time with my boys. I'm off from now until January 5th. Yay!

I'm still not dating anyone, either. One guy is soooo shy; at the rate we're going, we won't have our first date until the summer. ;o)

Another young man is intrigued with me, but we work together; I think it would be weird to date someone at work. If we fight, all of the other teachers would notice, wouldn't they?

Perhaps I'm being to picky, eh?

I hope you have and your family have a fabulous time next week. God bless!