Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, December 6, 2008

nice Friday evening

I spent the entire evening with firstborn son, and it was so much fun!

When I was still at work, my little one called to ask permission for Grandma to take him out to dinner. When I asked if child #1 was going, I could hear him in the background saying, "No, I'm not."

So I decided to spend some time with him. We went to dinner, spent an hour looking at cards at Gorant's and opening every musical card we could find. [I'm sure that made the Gorant people quite happy.]

Once during dinner he said, "You know, Mom, you are really beautiful now."

That part was really nice, but I couldn't help but wonder "As opposed to what?"

Then he said, "I saw pictures of you when I was little, and you looked, well, gay."

Niiiiiiice.

I laughed, but he's probably right. I LOVE really short hair because it's so dang easy to take care of. With my naturally curly hair, I didn't even need a comb! All I did was wash it, put some Paul Mitchell awapuhi leave-in conditioner in, run my fingers through my hair once, and voila! Ready to go to work! :o)

On the way home, he said, "You know, Mom, I actually had fun. I enjoyed hangin' out with you!"

That, my friends, is one of the best gifts my kid could give me.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like he has a way with words!

Michelle said...

Yeah...

He makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

We have our moments, but overall he's a sweetie pie.

Have a good one!

Love you!