Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Prayer request

Hi, ladies!

How are ya? I'm hanging in there, but I have a little prayer request.

As you may know, I haven't been feeling well since February, but I finally went to the doctor.

I didn't like the expression on his face as he tried to explain my options. [Sorry, Doc, but I think you would suck at poker!] I asked him to tell me bluntly what's going on with my body.

He said that I may have cancer and proceeded to explain all of my options, the risks of surgery, etc. I'm already scheduled for a small procedure next Wednesday. He didn't want me to panic (ummm... ok....I won't panic...), and I'm waiting for his office to call with the results from the biopsy. If they're positive for cancer, then I need another surgery as soon as possible, which means my Christmas/New Year holidays will be spent recuperating.

There's still good news here: even if I have cancerous cells, it's curable with an operation. Yay! More good news: I have wonderful insurance, and I'll hardly notice the medical bills. ;o)

[I'm trying to stay upbeat here...see????]

I'm sure I'll be fine, no matter what happens. I find myself freaking out at times, though. That's when I just need a hug; I hope I get lots of them in the next couple of weeks.

I need a hug right now, but the only ones nearby are my kids. They don't know all the gory details; they just know I'm sick. My Mom has her own health issues to worry about; I wish I just had someone to hold me for a second.

Hug me when you see me, k?

It's DEFINITELY time to pray:

God, I know I'm not the only person to deal with such a devastating piece of news from a doctor, and I'm very grateful that surgery is an option. So I'm sorry for bothering you, but please take away this fear. I don't want this to occupy every waking moment; it's hard for me to concentrate at work too. Thanks for healing me, if that's what you choose to do! If not, then I accept that too. Please guide the surgeon's hands next week.

Thanks for my life, Lord! It's a good one, and I love every minute of it. Use me to bless others, God. Instead of letting me start a pity party, I pray that you give me opportunities to minister to other women in the days to come. Let me enjoy your presence during my private prayer/worship times, and please bless the folks who are reading this prayer. We love you, Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.

I'll keep praying for myself, and I will continue to pray for you too, as always. Thanks for thinking of me today. Take care, and God bless! Remember: God is good ALL the time!!!!!


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

HUGS!!

Kimberly said...

...and more HUGS!!

Michelle said...

Has anyone ever told you that you're a great hugger? THANK YOU, sweetie pie!

You made me smile this morning!