Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 29, 2008

Good morning!

Well hello there!

How are you?

I'm happy to the core!

I have an entire week off (in addition to next Saturday and Sunday) before I must return to work, and it's heavenly to relax in a clean house.

I have trouble "wasting" days. Multi-tasking, at times, was the only way I could finish anything; therefore, it has somewhat become a habit.

I will try not to commit myself to so many roles in the new year.

I have already begun a different routine that includes reading my Bible daily. Sadly, there were quite a few days this year when I got so tired that I went to bed without a devotional. Now I'm beginning my day with some quiet time, and it's working much better!

I'm a morning person anyway...what was I thinking?

Thankfully, the sermon yesterday was anointed. I'm so glad God was by my side; otherwise, it would have flopped and my voice would have been shaking. I'm pleased to say that God received all of the glory, and that's how I wanted it.

There were tears on many faces as I tried to continue speaking, but God is gonna do his thing, isn't He? Although I wanted folks happy while I "preached," He wanted them healing. His way is better, eh? ;o)

My friend, Leon, said, "You know, I didn't know what to expect, but I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised!"

Me too.

I'm also looking forward to preaching again!

Prayer time: THANK YOU God for my wonderful, supportive, loving, encouraging church family! We're a tight-knit group of folks who simply want to love you, Jesus. Please help us to grow! We want to listen to your voice more often, and we truly desire to please you.

I delayed beginning a women's ministry because I thought I wasn't ready, but you proved me wrong. I've also been running from a more in-your-face kind of ministry, but I think I did ok yesterday because you spoke through me. As long as I remember that it's about YOU and not me, then I'll be fine!

If you want me to go to seminary, then I'm willing. You'll also have to provide the resources to do that, but I'm not worried. I trust you.

Thank you for the opportunity to minister to your people yesterday. I was exhausted on the way home, but that's what happens after a spiritual battle, isn't it? Strengthen me, the pastor, the leadership, and your people! Remind us of our identity, that we are sons and daughters of the most high God! Sometimes we forget that when circumstances seem unbearable. In Jesus' name, amen.


No comments: