Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm still alive...

Wow...I hadn't realized how long it has been since my last post!

My life in a nutshell:

1.) I've been busy, but relaxing has been a priority lately. I have to remember that, even though I feel pretty good most of the time, I still can't lift anything heavy. My first surgery didn't work, so I'm getting scheduled for another one. That will probably happen in a week or two. Oh well...

2.) My students are finally understanding their grammar lessons! Woo hoo!!!

3.) My boys have been FANTASTIC about helping me around the house. My favorite exercise in the winter is shoveling snow, and I do it often. Unfortunately, I can't lift it right now, so they pitched in. They OFFER to help me frequently, and I feel so loved! Yesterday, my son had plans with a friend, but before he walked out the door, he said, "Hey, Mom, can I do anything for you before I leave?" Sweetie pie, eh?

4.) My children are so self-conscious about helping me save money. My older son came home with his hair cut; it looked nice but a bit odd. I asked, "Who cut your hair?" His friend and his brother did. Oh my. I tried to fix it before church this morning.

5.) As I type this, I'm frying chicken for a pot luck at church. I also made a pot of chili. I don't have much, but I'm willing to share what I've got. I LOVE chatting with my church family at these gatherings! These folks are awesome!

I hope your new year is going nicely. God bless!






1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yay! You're back! I missed ya!

I'm putting a new recipe in the crock pot tonight to surprise the girls for breakfast in the morning...
"overnight raisen-nut oatmeal"... wanna stop in for a bowl?

Have a great night! Kim