Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 30, 2008

smiling

This afternoon, I went to an ordination service. I don't really know Luke very well, but I've chatted with soon-to-be-Mrs.-Luke a few times. Our church was invited, and I've never been to an ordination. Since I've decided to acknowledge my call to teach (not necessarily preach), I wanted to see for myself what happens at an honest-to-goodness ordination.

I got choked up several times. What a beautiful, moving service!

Someone reached out and punched my arm as he walked past in the recessional. As a reflex, I punched back....at the guy who happens to be second-in-command of our area churches.

Oops.

He started it, though! ;o) Don't worry; he's actually a friend of mine, but he's also way up there as far as church hierarchy is concerned.

Anyway, he later had some words of encouragement that were right on time. I haven't shared my more recent struggles with anybody, so I know that God was speaking to him. God sees you right where you're at, you know?

I also enjoyed some fellowship with my friend, Nancy, her husband, and my pastor. I also met a gal named Audra who is compassionate and kind. We prayed together before departing, and I hope that God blesses her family (especially her son) immensely.

Then I was able to shave 15 minutes off of my drive home because my pastor asked if I wanted to follow him cuz he knew a shorter route.

Nice.

The tail end of the drive was a bit difficult because a headache was forming. Headlights are no joke, eh? I can't wait until tomorrow; I have a doctor's appointment, and I should find out whether or not I'm a candidate for surgery. If I am, then the surgery coupled with the proper meds might eliminate my headaches for good. Yay!!!!

How was your day?




No comments: