Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mom

Tonight I'm thankful for my Mom!

She was in the audience for Guys and Dolls, a musical at a local theater. I am the accompanist, and she decided to support me this evening. She loved it! She was so excited as I came from backstage...she was grinning and waving to get my attention.

I love my Mom!!!!

I enjoy playing with the band, although some of us need to learn a bit of humility before folks stop taking us seriously. We are, after all, the band - - - the show isn't about us. In fact, it's quite the opposite: no one really cares who's in the band as long as we sound great. They WILL care, though, if there's no balance or if we're rushing the singers at a maddening pace.

Church was fantastic today! I hadn't been in a service for two weeks because I missed one Sunday when my child konked his head on cement and then last Sunday for a vacation day. I have one more day to use this year, but I probably won't need it. I feel pretty refreshed, and I'm raring to go. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas!

May God bless you and yours.


No comments: