Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

John McCain's concession speech

I just watched it.

Wow.

What an articulate, classy, admirable man.

I knew I'd pray for whoever won the election.

Might as well start now...

Lord, Barack Obama has been chosen by the people of the United States as our next President, and we ask that you would give him wisdom as he embarks on this journey. Although his political background is extensive, walking in the shoes of the President is something he hasn't done yet. Please protect him, Lord, and surround him with men who have his best interests in mind. Give him discernment on whom to trust. Equip him to do all that you're calling him to do. Strengthen his marriage, Lord, and protect his loved ones, especially his family. Bring him peace as he remembers his grandmother. In Jesus' name, amen.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I was really impressed with McCain;s speech, too. I thought both candidates seemed to be really spreading the message of unity - what a nice way to end the headache of an election!

Being President right now would be so hard, may God bless Obama all that He can! :)

Michelle said...

Hey sweetie! How are you feeling? I hope the morning sickness is over. I'm sure Guy is keeping you incredibly busy, eh?