Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, November 3, 2008

"on the warpath"

That's what we used to say when our teachers were mad at us.

I suppose that could be said of me today.

Although I love my students dearly, they get on my last nerve...and then stomp on it.

I have stripped them of all possible bonus points for the second quarter due to lack of work and sickeningly low grades. I have also restricted access to passes, even to the bathroom and the nurse.

The majority of them had A averages. What happened? They chose not to prepare for a major exam, and 80% of them failed it. They also have a MAJOR reading project due tomorrow, and I'm afraid they're going to bomb that too...even though they've had more than two months to prepare for it.

I am determined to see these grades improve, whether or not they like me anymore.

Hmph.

No comments: