Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, November 24, 2008

bittersweet day

Why I'm happy this morning:

1. I'm thankful that my ex and kids chose to see the show yesterday afternoon. In fact, they LOVED it! My ex said, "I was sleepy when we first got there, but that was WAY better than I thought it would be. They kept me awake the whole time!" Ummm....I suppose that's a compliment! :o)

2. My friends who played the flute and clarinet/sax gave me a present for being a good piano accompanist. They are so sweet! They've also been giving me advice on how to handle my "friend" since they'd seen him at the piano a lot lately, and I truly appreciate their godly perspective.

3. I visited another church last night, and one of my new friends could tell I was hurting. He didn't even hesitate...he plopped on the bench in front of me and simply listened and then shared about his own similar situations. [Please pray for his wife; she has been battling cancer for quite a while and wasn't feeling well last night.]

4. Pastor A. and his wife N. gave me some much needed hugs. :o)

I won't go into the reasons I've been frustrated lately. I just have to suck it up and keep plugging away at the jobs God has for me to do, both to support my family and in ministry. I should pro'ly just pray:

Lord, thanks for allowing me to cultivate the beginning of a friendship with Joe over the last few weeks. I care for him a lot, and I pray that you help me to heal from past friendships/relationships before anything serious starts to happen with Joe. I pray that your will is done in my life, especially with anyone I date. I pray that you are with me today as I teach your precious young people! Thank you for my life, salvation, family, friends and career. Thank you, Lord, for everything. In Jesus' name, amen.



No comments: