Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful for pastors (past and present)

I already thanked God for my friend, Matt, but I didn't tell you that he's also my pastor. :o) He puts up with me even when I don't feel well (which has been quite often since February), and he always has a kind, uplifting word for me. He's wonderful!

Today I ran into my old pastor. Actually, his church is next door to my new doctor's office. [I haven't had a regular gynecologist since J. was born, and he'll be 14 next week. I know, I know...shame on me.]

As I left Dr. E.'s, I saw my ex-pastor's truck and decided to stop in to see him.

God seems to know what we need, you know?

I received some not-so-encouraging news from the doctor today, yet God placed me in a situation that required me to put someone else's needs before my own. I never did get to tell him about my appointment. Instead, after talking with, listening to and praying for him, I worshiped at the piano in my old church for a couple of hours.

Isn't it fun to praise God?????

Today I was given an opportunity to minister to someone I love very much, and I don't take that for granted. We are soooooo quick to whine and complain to our pastors, but how often do we simply love on them? I don't pity my pastor (or my previous ones) because they knew what they were getting into when they chose to be spiritual leaders. However, I also know that they need prayer warriors surrounding them. We need to constantly intercede on their behalf.

Will you join me?

Let's rally around, encourage, and pray for our pastors! They pray tirelessly for us...why not do the same for them?

Why not start now?

THANK YOU, Father, for the pastors you've placed in my life! Thank you for their encouraging words, prayers, support and love! Thank you for allowing me to be blessed by them, and I pray that they feel blessed by me sometimes too.

Lord, W. was feeling a bit beaten up today, so I pray that you strengthen him. I think the battle has just begun, so he needs to rest when he can. He's a fighter, Lord, and I pray that he doesn't give up. Please let him know that you see him where he is; allow him to feel your presence, even in the darkest moments. He needs to remember that he is not perfect and was never meant to be. Let him know that he's on the right track.

Jesus, I truly thank God for You! Thank you for forgiving all of my sins. I pray that you help me to be a better woman. Lord, I love you, and I am looking forward to being used by you to spread love and joy to those who need encouragement, including pastors.

Finally, Lord, I pray for my own pastor. Please strengthen and bless him! I pray that your will is done in his life; please give him peace and joy, no matter what crazy situations may pop up at any given moment. Continue to help him keep everything in perspective, and bless every ministry in our church to do your will. Thanks for my church family, God!

In Jesus' name, amen.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey you! Thanks for the get well wishes and the love! I'm feeling a TINY bit better today and that's such a good thing cause I have SO much to do!

Are you ready for a Christmas gift to be on its way? I'm planning to mail on Monday or Tuesday before I get REALLY busy doing stuff for the open houses...

Bye for now! Kim

Michelle said...

I'm glad you feel better!

I'm almost done with your gift too. I have been taking it to work (when playing the piano for show) and crocheting between songs. :o)

I'm pretty pleased with it; several folks asked if I could make them one. I can't wait to put it in the mail! I need another week though.

Take care!

Love you!