Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 29, 2008

What a way to wake up!

My phone rang.

And it wasn't even 7:00 a.m. yet!

It was my ex-husband calling to ask if I could come over...now.

So I did.

I figured it must be important.

I barely exited my car before he jogged over and handed me an envelope with $1,000 in it...and then promised to give me another $1,000 next month.

And this isn't even child support!

Admittedly, he didn't understand the paperwork, and we discovered that I'll be getting a LOT less than he initially told me. But that's ok - - - the good news is that I'll be getting child support at all! ;o) I am so thankful for every bit of help he offers!

And then he hugged me and said he was going to help, both with my finances and with raising my boys, as much as he could from now on.

Wow.

Thank you, God! I will definitely be giving some of this to You this morning at church. Thank you for your provision and your peace! Anxiety is no longer a part of me, and that's a miracle. Thank you for blessing me and the boys like this! You are amazing! And I pray that you move mightily in the service at church. Lord, I pray that You allow every single person to leave a bit more transformed into looking even more like You. Please continue healing hearts and bringing peace and comfort to those in need. In Jesus' name, amen.


5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations Michelle...baby steps, right? And THANK YOU for your praise of my signs! Made me feel kind of good!

And if you'd like a sign then I'd love to paint one for you. I'd like it to be a thanksforbeingthefirstpersonwholivesfarawaytoleavenicecommentsonmybloggift. I would just have to check at the post office on the shipping cost from here to there. Where, exactly, is there? You can let me know bt email at brownbagstudio@hotmail.com if you'd like.

The signs usually end up about three feet by five inches when the dust settles... do you think they would ship OK? I can look into it.

It's a beautiful, HOT morning and after church we're having our BBQ/pool party for the girls. Can't wait!

You have a great day, K?

Jenny said...

Wow! Sounds like a crazy, but good, morning!

Beverly Dillow said...

Hi Michelle, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comments. That is a blessing what happened this morning. I grew up in a divorced home and my dad never paid child support at all, so I know how all of that is. Not too much fun. But, I do know that my Heavenly Father is a father to the fatherless, I can testify to that for sure.

On your women's ministry, if you need anything, let me know. I will be starting my 5th season this fall and I love it.

I am in the process of reading a book, I just bought it yesterday, it is called Fresh Ideas for Women's Ministry by Diana Davis. I think you will find it very helpful in beginning your new ministry.

Blessings on your day,

Beverly

Michelle said...

Kim, you are so funny! Seriously, though, I really would like a sign for my classroom. And I will graciously accept it as a gift...so THANK YOU!!! Perhaps other teachers will see it and want one too. Then you could get even more business!

I already told you what I want it to say, but I didn't mention colors, did I? I'd like a black background with white lettering outlined in gold. Our colors are white and gold, but I think it would be too hard to see a contrast, don't you?

Yes, I will e-mail my address in a few minutes. I'm in the United States (Ohio). Send me your address too, please, so that I can at least mail you some money for postage. ;o)

Jenny, you are so right! I know it had to be God! This man left me four years ago, and I divorced him, yet he wants to give me a chunk of money from his own blessing? Wow! Yes, it was a good morning!!!!

Thank you, ladies, for your smiles and words of encouragement! God bless!

Michelle said...

Hi Beverly!

Yes, this is the first time in several years that my children will benefit from Daddy's financial aid! ;o) I will save some of it for school stuff when we go shopping next month, but, alas, the rest must go toward bills.

Thank you for the tip; I am definitely going to try to get a copy of that book. I've been praying quite a bit for this, and I'm starting to feel a bit more confident about leading it.

Thank you for your support! It means a lot! God bless!