Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm not kicking and screaming anymore...

My friend, Melanie, says it's not a real tantrum unless you're kicking and screaming on the floor.

I have been fighting a call on my life recently, mostly because it doesn't line up with my own plans.

Sound familiar? Have you ever felt like that?

As a result, God has been gently (but firmly) reprimanding me, nudging me to just start working on a women's ministry, and he even gave me some ideas on what to do first.

And a friend saw a vision last night and almost didn't tell me. While we were praying, she saw a tea party but was too embarrassed to say it.

So she didn't....until we were talking in the parking lot. As I told her about the ideas God gave me for a weekly women's Bible study/prayer night, she got so hyper! When I asked her about it, she said, "Michelle! I saw a tea party!"

That was confirmation for me. The previous night while praying, I saw the women meeting in different locations. We would meet in homes rather than the church, and we would enjoy fellowship before and after the actual Bible study. I saw the first one at my house, and I was serving coffee, iced tea, hot tea, and milk with some homemade cookies.

But I've been struggling with some personal issues lately, and I didn't think I was ready to be the leader of something like that.

God isn't worried at all, though! He's still pushing, and I'm still resisting....I just don't want to screw up, you know?

I shared my visions about the women's ministry with Melanie, and she got so excited and animated! She said, "Oh, Michelle! I'll come! Do you know how badly women in this area need this? Do you know how quickly it's going to explode? You have no idea, do you? You're going to minister to sooooo many women!"

That was prophecy, wasn't it?

Um...uh...did I already say that I don't think I'm ready?

Oh boy...

Then we went to lunch, and she began grace over the food with, "Lord, thank you for Michelle. She oozes joy, and I can't get enough of being near her..."

Me?

Really?

OK folks, I'm requesting prayer on this one. I am one screwed up chick at times, and I guess I'm having my Moses moment, but there's no Aaron for me to lean on!

Breathe in....breathe out...

No comments: