Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

very pleasant surprise

I met my summer school 9th/10th grade English class, and it is lovely!

I had absolutely no discipline problems. In fact, we actually had quite a bit of laughter today! What a blessing!

I had taken a huge bag of pretzels because there's inevitably some child whose Mom forgot to send lunch money. Sure enough, there were a few, but some of the other kids asked for some munchies as well. I think they seemed quite relaxed munching on pretzels and reading. :o)

I have one young man who can't keep his eyes open because things are so crazy at home. He shared a little with me when I took him in the hallway, but I can't name him without violating his privacy. So please just pray for all of my students, ok?

I've made a couple of phone calls regarding the women's ministry I'm supposed to work on, and it's going slowly at the moment. I suppose I need prayer for that as well.

I'm exhausted, but I'd still like to go to church this evening. I want to hear a message, and I feel like praying with people. I will write more in the morning. Have a good evening!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I hope it's a fun three weeks! Teaching sounds like such a rewarding career.

Michelle said...

The first two days have been interesting. Although I still haven't had any discipline problems, I am struggling to get some of them to do their work.

They really like me, and I'm glad! But it seems they're more interested in having personal conversations with me (about family, girlfriends/boyfriends, jobs, etc.) than in trying to earn an English credit.

I think they just need some attention for a little while. Hopefully, they'll get their behinds in gear soon! I had way too many F's on the first quiz; I was so disappointed.

The results of the second one were much better, though. I asked them why, and they admitted that they tried harder on the second one (after failing the first miserably).

Good to know! I hope they keep it up!