Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, June 23, 2008

Has this happened to you?

I got stood up by Mormons.

How sad is that?????

(sniff...sniff...)

If any of you are Mormon, PLEASE respond to what you're about to read. I am genuinely interested in finding out some answers. I will NEVER argue with you either. I'm just curious! :o)

I was soooooooo looking forward to chatting with them. I want to ask them about Galatians 1 when we're told not to accept a different gospel, even if an "angel" tells us to do so.

I want to know the rationale behind doing something that directly contradicts the word of God, a Bible that they themselves claim to read and study.

The last time one of them came to see me, I asked him to explain that, but he couldn't. I wanted to push a bit harder and start urging him by saying, "Think for yourself, man! Think!" But he got so flustered that I felt sorry for and then quickly prayed for him.

But he still left abruptly.

I like how they travel in pairs for safety. That's nice. His friend claimed that they read the same Bible I do in addition to the Mormon's Bible part 2 (sorry, I can't think of the name of it).

I also wanted to ask them about the last part of Revelation that states we're cursed if we add or take away from the Bible. How do they explain adding an entire book?

Wouldn't that be interesting to talk about? And I would be THRILLED if I could get them to attend just one of our church services! I'd like to see their reaction; I think they'd have fun.

I even made oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies to serve them. Oh well. I guess my boys will have to eat them all, and I don't think they'll complain about that. Perhaps I'll share at the executive board meeting tonight....

No comments: