Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Women's Ministry Update

I'm actually getting downright excited about starting this! I've already been praying and reading scripture. I just finished doing a bit of research on how to start an effective women's ministry, and I'm thrilled that I'm having a hard time finding anything better than what God has already given me.

That brings me comfort!

My boys were treated to Chinese food today; Grandma stopped by when I was waiting for worship team members to show up for rehearsal at church. Alas, after fifteen minutes, no one showed AND I missed out on a peaceful meal with my Mom.

Oh well.

Let's pray, shall we?

God, I pray for the worship team. This is the third time in a month that no one showed up for rehearsal; how would You like me to handle this? Please give me wisdom...I don't know what to do. I do know, though, that I'm irritated at their lack of commitment. I'd rather just plan on playing all of the music by myself. God, I'm open to whatever you want me to do.

Lord, THANK YOU for talking to me today! Remember that intense fire that was ignited when I was offered the job to be a music director? That's how I feel about this women's ministry. I'm not going to lie though, Lord. At first, I was scared to death. It took about a week before I can honestly say the fear dissipated.

But now, Jesus, I can feel you clearly guiding me down a path that is in your will. According to some experts on line, the ideas I believe you gave me are sound. Now I pray, Jesus, that you will allow me to start this without hurting any feelings. In fact, Lord, I pray that you allow the other women in my church to feel just as excited about worshiping You, reading scripture together, and praying for one another.

God, thank you for this huge amount of joy! In Jesus' name, amen.


No comments: