Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, June 26, 2008

instant attitude adjustment

My day today was not easy.

I had planned to get on here and gripe, but I won't. I read someone's blog entry, and that changed my attitude instantly. (Thanks, Joyce!)

Instead, I will simply say that God is at work, both in my heart and in my head. I know what needs to be done, and I really have no choice but to get busy.

Happy note #1: I took my son to a local baseball game tonight; I think he had fun. I saw a couple of folks I hadn't seen in a long time. I love and need occasional hugs, and I got some tonight.

Happy note #2: I purposefully blessed someone at work today, and she was thrilled. I like doing stuff in secret, so I won't tell you what I did or who I did it for. Let's just say I made her smile! YAY!!!! But the truth is all of it was God's idea in the first place, so of course it went over well.

Lord, thank you for Joyce who unknowingly adjusted my attitude this evening! Keep blessing her socks off, God! I pray that you continue to use her to bless others, even through her blog.

Thanks again, Lord, for allowing me to have more fun with my kids. Although they still argue with each other, it's not nearly as life-threatening as it was last year!

Jesus, help me to reach a couple of hurting kids in my classroom. They're trying to be tough, but they just want attention and affection. Help me to show them that they are loved, right where they are. Let them see themselves as You see them! In Jesus' name, amen!




No comments: