Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

3rd time's a charm!

Well, today is the first day of summer school, so for the next three weeks I will be teaching a week's worth of English every day to the same group of 19 kids. I will teach the first half, and Melanie will teach the second 3-week period. [That way, both of us get a nice chunk of time off for the summer!]

I love it, though!

One of my little darlings has failed me twice already. (Notice I didn't say I failed him.) At least he's already used to me, and we get along quite well. I just can't seem to get him motivated to care about his grades.

Well, Lord, I pray that you touch the minds of every student who is trying to earn some credit over the next two months. Help them to care about their futures! Help me to be effective as I teach not only 10th grade English concepts but also as many lessons as I can squeeze in about life in general (work ethic, manners, integrity, etc.).

Jesus, I am especially grateful for our new school building! Thank you for letting us be comfortable during summer school for the first time! Air conditioning is lovely!

Please protect those who must walk to school. Sometimes people speed down Atlantic St., and I pray that none of our kids will be injured this year (both in the summer and the new school year).

God, thank you for an amazing amount of blessings in an incredibly short period of time! You make me smile! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: