Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, June 28, 2008

feeling like a "girl"

It hasn't happened in a long time, but I got butterflies last night.

Yep...when a guy friend leaned close and whispered in my ear, I discovered that I'm not dead.

Good to know, eh?

I know it sounds silly, but I have to take a minute to thank God for blessing me with a friend like Kurt. No, we are not engaged. No, we are not officially "dating" or in an exclusive relationship. No, we do not talk on the phone every single day or for long amounts of time.

But he cares for me and is never, ever embarrassed to show it, even in front of other people. [I love that part!] You might remember me mentioning several times that I'm fond of hugs. Well, he's probably the best hugger I know.

Something happened last night that interrupted our plans after church, and he was worried that I might be offended. (I wasn't; stuff happens. No big deal.) But he called as soon as he got home so that he could explain that our friend, Mike, needed him and that he appreciates me as his friend.

He owes me no explanations...we are not a couple, but his reason (and willingness to share it with me) blessed my heart. I suppose something positive has resulted from my past relationship: now I appreciate the smallest acts of kindness and consideration. I take nothing for granted, and I love how he honors me, both in public and in private. No pressure...just lots of fun! I'll keep you posted...

No comments: