Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

unexpected interruption

When I heard the doorbell, I thought it was my son who had forgotten his key for the umpteenth time.

Imagine my surprise when 4 humungous, bullet-proof-vest-wearing members of the S.W.A.T. team were standing on my porch! My heart skipped a beat, but I new instantly they were after my ex-husband.

Apparently, he has several outstanding warrants for his arrest. My youngest son saw them surround the house and tried to call me, but I was already outside talking to them when the phone (which was downstairs and out of earshot) rang. He was terrified when he saw men at each corner of my house with their hands on the weapons!

Oh boy....

I think my heart rate is finally back to normal...(breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out...)

Geez. I NEVER get in trouble, and seeing 3 unmarked vehicles barely fitting in my driveway and on the street near my home freaked me out!!! I was frustrated earlier today about some paperwork at my job that is driving me crazy and may affect my first two paychecks of the school year, but this experience has reminded me that things could always be worse!

I'm off to play Tetris for a little while.

I hope YOU have a peaceful, relaxing day!


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Um, wow!

(what more is there to say??)

Michelle said...

Girl, I haven't been that scared since....since...um...since Jamil called me to tell me he thought he broke his arm in a snowball fight. I immediately had to force myself to calm down!!!!