Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, September 18, 2008

What if I let God write my love story?

I'm playing the piano accompaniment for a musical that will be performed in November. At rehearsal tonight, I discovered that one of the actors is also a Christian and teaches Bible study classes at his church.

How cool is that?

He also has a teaching certificate for middle and high school English.

Sounds like I'm making this up, doesn't it?

Every time the music director worked on something with another singer, Jim and I jumped right back to the topic of ministry. It was so relaxing to exchange viewpoints and opinions.

One of my girlfriends once told me, "Let God write your love story." Isn't that a cool perspective?

And yet, I've realized that I was keeping emotional distance between Jim and myself, even though I was conversing with him so often tonight.

Why?

I try not to do anything unseemly.

Yet I seem to forget that, as a divorced woman, it's appropriate to spend time getting to know other people (namely men).

Instead of writing Jim off as too young, too tall, too handsome, too thin, etc., I think I'll just enjoy the friendship. If the truth be known, I have sabotaged every single friendship that might have led to dating, quite possibly because I'm afraid to enter that world again. It wasn't entirely enjoyable the first time around.

But if God wants to let me love and be loved by this person, then there's no reason to keep looking for excuses as to why "it would never work."

God, I pray that you would change my attitude. Please help me to remember that I'm not an old prude yet. :o) Jesus, help me not to overly think about every single move I make. Instead, Lord, I'd like to simply enjoy my life, with whomever you place in it. Father, please help me to simply live. I don't want to over-analyze everything, but I also don't want to be so carefree that I accidentally fall into sin. I pray that you keep my mind on you, Lord, at all times, even as I develop friendships with others. Thank you for letting me have such an enjoyable day! I had a couple of rough spots, and I pray that you allow me to get along with everyone at work. In Jesus' name, amen.


No comments: