Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, September 12, 2008

Blessings

I can't believe how quickly this week passed. How have YOU been?

Well, tonight I caught up on reading some of my favorite blogs, and I'm yet again in awe of my friend, Kim. I wish I could create such beautiful artistry. I'm also tickled by an adorable picture of a little "Guy"! He's so cute!

Ladies, you bless me!

I have been putting in some really long hours lately, but I feel fine! It may not be Christmas yet, but my home is filled with peace and joy!

Contentment is something that eludes me at times when I mistakenly focus on what I don't have or what I can't do. Does that ever happen to you?

Thank God my perspective is changing!

I think I'm going to make a conscious effort to change my thought life by deliberately keeping happy thoughts in my mind, especially when I feel overwhelmed or sad. I'll let you know how that goes.

I'm going with a friend to a really enjoyable gathering at a church tomorrow morning, and I'm excited to see some friends I haven't seen for several months.

One of my part-time jobs has gone from twice a week to once a week, which gives me a LOT more free time. Yay!

As for my teaching job, I am finally caught up. It took me two full weeks, but my room is exactly the way I want it, including every file and folder. My grade book is up-to-date (although I'm sure I'll have more drops and adds), textbook numbers and locker combinations are filed, bulletin boards are done, and I only have approximately three hours of grading to do this weekend.

I got a touching card from a friend yesterday, and I'm tickled that God let me receive such a wonderful gift during a hectic time. [Thank you, God!]

Although I am no longer married, I sometimes think of the Proverbs 31 woman who worked from dawn to dusk. She seemed to effortlessly juggle a marriage, a family, a home, a job, etc. I try, but sometimes I falter.

I realize, though, that God doesn't expect perfection: He'd rather have my love and obedience.

He's got them.

Peace to you, my friend.






3 comments:

Kimberly said...

And peace to you too, my dear!

Good to hear from you, and I'm so GLAD you're feeling contentment! Me? Just a little overwhelmed with all the ways I manage to over extend my time. I know you're crazy-busy too, it's just that we're busy in different ways, right :)

And on that note, I'd better get to bed...another looong day tomorrow hocking my wares.

G'night!

Kimberly said...

Oh, and I would love to look into doing up a bag for you...How big a load are we talking... one binder? Two? If you look through my OLD posts, I don't know which one right now, there are a couple totes shown. The green one is mine and it holds a binder just great.

We can talk...

Michelle said...

I know...a mother's work is NEVER done. I can totally relate to that! :o)