Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy (and true) rumors

Last weekend was pretty cool.

One of my friends leaned in and said, "Hey, girl, I heard you're gonna be ordained soon!"

I caught my breath as quickly as I could, and then I replied, "Well, I think I need to get licensed first!"

For years I've had dreams of me teaching and preaching, and it's a bit unnerving to see the possibility becoming more real. The thought of giving a sermon is both terrifying and electrifying.

What if I royally screw up?

What if I can't handle the pressure when folks feel inclined to critique every word, or worse yet, misinterpret what I'm trying to say?

But then again....what if I ignore what God is calling me to do?

Maybe I'll take a class to see what seminary is like. It'll have to wait until next summer when I have much more free time. We'll see...

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Well this is huge news! I wish I could come and hear you speak... maybe one day! We have a female pastor and she is just amazing! Always very inspiring and a great story teller.

If you check a little lower on my blog, I'm having a little giveaway... you can throw your name in the hat...

I've gotta run... Emily starts junior youth tonight. When did that happen? Wasn't I going there just a couple of years ago?

Great to hear from you!
xox Kim xox

Michelle said...

Yes, this is huge and scary. I'm going to seek God a LOT on this one. There are some issues in my life that are currently keeping me from pursuing some formal pastoral training, but I'm still open to that idea.

I will definitely keep you posted!

I agree with you on how quickly time flies. Wow.

Yesterday I met some folks when I was eating alone in between jobs. It turns out I know one of their relatives. The woman thought I was a high school students and couldn't believe I've been teaching for 14 years. Yay!

If you look closely, though, you'll see gray hair...

Kimberly said...

Sorry I missed you checking for messages... I wanted to make sure you saw my post for today... if you missed it, go back and find it. It's titled "I want to share this with you"... turn on your speakers...
Blessings, Kim