Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, September 20, 2008

r-e-l-a-x

What a gorgeous day!

I slept in until 8:30! Yay! Then my poor little doggie just had to go...

I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast and watched a little t.v.

Halfway through a show, my Mom called to invite me to lunch. So I showered, got dressed, took Jazz out a second time, put on a little lip gloss, and headed out the door.

At Red Lobster, I saw an amazing librarian I met when I was in college. She has since retired, but I love her to pieces. My Mom and I caught up on the past week, and then I took her home before heading to church to take care of a tiny bit of business.

After that, I went to the library and browsed for an hour. Although I only chose two novels, simply looking (without a child whining, "Can we leave now?!?") was heavenly!

I am not allowed to teach this week (until Friday) because I have to administer a practice OGT to my students. That's why I wanted to grab some good books from the library this weekend. My lesson plans are done through November, so I'll have plenty of time to read at work this week. Both of the books I chose happen to be by Ted Dekker. I have only read one of his books (Three), and it was awesome. He is a fascinating writer and loves writing suspense as much as I enjoy reading it.

In a few minutes I am going to relax some more by crocheting a blanket for my friend, Kim. It is taking me forever to get this done, but that's ok because my love is going into it. :o) It's halfway done now; Lord, please help me to at least get it to her by Christmas, maybe even Thanksgiving!!!

I have agreed to take my boys to a birthday party this evening, and I think I'll stay and talk to the adults since it's at a dear friend's home. I haven't had such an enjoyable, calm day in quite a while. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: