Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nice party!

Good evening! I just got home from a birthday party, but I wanted to post some pictures of my classroom too. This first one is of my "Star Students" bulletin board. Every month I choose two kids from each class to be my "star students." They don't necessarily have to have A averages; students can earn that title simply by being the most improved. Each student earns 50 bonus points (the equivalent of two homework assignments) and a candy bar.


I keep this humorous reminder on my desk at all times. This caricature has paper airplanes in her hair; I had a pencil thrown at me last week. He thought he'd be clever and then get kicked out of class. Instead, I told him that his punishment was to stay with me the entire class period. He also had his seat changed....to be closer to moi.



This is another view of the back wall. I have a lot of cupboard space this year. Last year I had none.



My little great-niece is more interested in watching the cheerleaders than my son play football. :o)



Meet Shiloh. He is half husky, half German shepherd. Don't let his looks fool you; I've seen him get ferocious when he thinks my friend (his Mama) is threatened. He's an awesome watchdog.


A friend's daughter had her sweet 16th birthday party tonight. My boys made me feel like a party pooper when I started getting too tired. I let them stay until 10:00, but that was torture since they knew it wasn't going to end until 11:00. They'll live! (I'm the one that had to drive home!)



This is one of three dogs that live in this beautiful home. I think she was getting tired of all the stimulation. I wish I could let my dog roam free....but he runs away too often.


So there you have it. That's what I've been doing with my time over the last few days. My classroom is finally exactly the way I want it, and I enjoyed the evening with dear friends. I hope all is well in your world! Love you!




6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds likt you had a really great day! We did too, although he weather had officially made a turn towards fall. We did another market today, the last one until November and had another great sale! Last weekend brought in over $600 (Between Andrea and me, 99% me)and today was over $400! We've been amazingly blessed and I really feel we're teetering on the brink of something big. I've wanted to have a store for YEARS and if Robyn and I were to be able to find a house that would have suitable space for it, I'd be packing! So... i guess what I'm saying is I'd love some prayers... Thanks a bunch!
Goodnight... I'm WIPED!

Michelle said...

$1,000 in one week?!?!?!

Wow!

Lord, Kim wants a bigger home so that she can have a store. Father, I pray that you not only give her that but also give her a location that is perfect for lots of folks to see her as they drive by. Let it be in a safe neighborhood that is close to Robyn's job too. Please bless her, Lord! And thank you, Jesus, for letting her be so successful already. In Jesus' name, amen!

Kimberly said...

~*thanks*~

Michelle said...

You're soooooo welcome! :o)

Kimberly said...

...got fabric for your Christmas runner/topper/wall quilt or whatever it turns out to be... Can't wait to get it all together...

Hugs, Kim

Michelle said...

Girl...seriously...you need to give me some lessons on time management.

How the heck do you keep everything running smoothly?

I'm trying...

Have a good evening!