Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, September 7, 2008

boundaries

Hey! I'm discovering how to make boundaries for myself in addition to honoring the boundaries of other people.

I met some guys at the coffee house last night, and one in particular was getting on my nerves. I've never met anyone so gifted at talking about absolutely nothing. As I listened to him complain about not being able to teach because the school board discovered that he had been convicted of a misdemeanor, I realized that I was allowing this guy to waste my time. So I interrupted him and, in the sweetest tone of voice, said, "Excuse me, but I really do have to start grading these papers."

And he walked away and sat down at another woman's table. :o)

The highlight of my evening was meeting Denny. He is a principal at a local middle school building, but he moonlights as one of the most amazing guitar players I have ever heard. He also sang with a buddy (who also had a guitar) and made some sweet harmony. Both guys brought their beautiful wives as moral support, which they sorely needed at the beginning of their performance. The sparse crowd just didn't warm up to them at first....in fact, their wives and I were the only ones clapping after each song. Thankfully, by 8:00 the room was filling up with more folks who appreciate the music of the 60's and 70's.

Something's bothering me, but I suppose I should take my own advice and just keep looking on the bright side. I hope all is well with you! I had my camera with me all day today but kept forgetting to take pictures. I'll try again tomorrow.

Peace.

No comments: