Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Warm weather soon!

It has been a bit nippy here in Ohio, but it will be in the 80's over the next three days! Woo hoo!!!! I'm so excited! I will be weeding this weekend. Hopefully, my yard will look decent before next week.

As I mentioned last night, a friend of mine doesn't want to teach summer school this year, so the summer school principal asked me to please apply. I love teaching, and I missed out on six weeks because of surgery. This will give me a chance to enjoy four more weeks of it this summer and earn a nice little income too.

Drama club rehearsals are running so long, but the good news is that the show is this weekend. After tomorrow, I'll only have to stay late if I need to work in my classroom.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the rest of these research presentations. Some students are so creative! The power points have been awesome, and some folks did colorful, well-organized posters and handouts. Overall, I've been pleased so far! ;o)

Lord, thank you for a career, not just a job. I feel blessed and honored that you allow me to teach these young adults. Touch their minds to yearn for wholesome ideas; I hear so much foolish, foul language every day, and I pray that you would give them a desire for excellence. Father, these kids are amazing! Yet, they settle for less-than-amazing grades. Why, Lord? Nudge them to strive for perfection! Let them yearn for A's and B's, in Jesus' name!

Jesus, I thank you for every friend and family member! I pray that you will keep them safe today, and speak to their hearts all day long. Please let us feel your Spirit with us as we travel to work, go to meetings, or simply get chores done at home. We need you, Father! We love you! You are the ultimate Daddy, and we want to be pleasing to you. Forgive us, Lord, for being goofy. Sometimes we're stuck on stupid, but we still know that you forgive and forget. Teach us to do the same. In Jesus' name, amen!

No comments: