Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 13, 2009

brothers and sisters in Christ

I think today was the most powerful 6:00-7:00 a.m. prayer time we've had so far! Man, it was good!

There were tears, but that part was necessary for healing to take place (both in me and one other young lady). My ex-pastor did some incredible ministry with us. In fact, I have become accustomed to God sharing my business with spiritual leaders who pray for me.

Today was no exception.

His words, verbatim, were: "Woman of God (I love when he calls me that!), you're praying that God releases you, and I'm praying that He doesn't. You have something to learn, and once you do, you will be more like Jesus than ever before. Don't expect others to change and to be more holy. They probably won't. This is about you."

Wow.

He said he could feel something was wrong with me last week. Man, he was right on target with everything he said today.

So...

Lord, I will be obedient and continue to pray that your will be done in my life. Even though my flesh is reluctant to endure even more hurt, I will take up my cross and continue onward. Help me to keep my attitude in check, to love even when I don't feel like it, to forgive and forget and to be more like You. In Jesus' name, amen.

As my friends talked for a few minutes, I asked permission to go upstairs and play the piano for a little bit. I did, and that worship time was awesome! I love feeling the Spirit nearby!

After the prayer time this morning, I went to the mall and did three laps with two powerful prayer warriors. These women blessed me so deeply that I think I've made some lifelong friends! We spent most of the walk talking and sharing about ourselves, but we even prayed for a little while too.

It's only 11:08. I wonder what the rest of my day will entail...

No comments: