Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 10, 2009

my almost (but not quite) grown son

God woke me up at 2:30 a.m. to check on my kids.

So I did.

And my son wasn't in his room, or the basement, or anywhere else in this house.

He took it upon himself to leave with some friends and planned to be home by 3:00 a.m. - - - and Mom would never know the difference...

...unless Mom has a Daddy up in heaven watching over her and her little chickadees, a heavenly Father who alerts her when something's not quite right.

I am smiling as I think of a time when the same child defied my orders to stay home (on punishment) and walked out of the house with friends anyway. I wasn't supposed to be on a certain side of town, but God nudged me to turn down a side street which made me go completely out of my way to meet my mother for lunch.

As I drove, I noticed my own flesh and blood walking amidst an eclectic group of young men.

I did not, however, cause a big, horribly embarrassing scene for him (although I VERY MUCH wanted to!!!!). Instead, I pulled up in the driveway directly in front of them and said, "Get in right now" and drove home.

Sorry, bud...you might as well quit trying to sneak. With the Lord's help, I'm going to catch you every single time. And if memory serves me correctly, you actually said, "You know, Mom, I wasn't even having a good time..."

;o)

I love you.

I know you read this blog every now and then, and I'm glad. I tell you all the time that I love you, and I mean it. If I didn't care, I'd let you run the streets and do whatever you want whenever you want. I think you'll find, though, that your friends who have total freedom like that don't actually feel loved at all. Instead, they feel as if their parents don't care what happens to them.

You are loved, sweetheart, and you will ALWAYS stay in my prayers. I want only what's best for you. In fact, I want you to have an even better, more fulfilling life than I've had! You are precious in God's sight...and mine too.

Love,

Mom

No comments: