Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, April 9, 2009

absences

Almost one third of every class was absent today.

Could it be because their rough drafts for research papers were due today????

Naw...

Couldn't be...

Amazingly, though, I finished grading all of them before I left work this afternoon. Obviously, I don't read every word; it only takes 30 seconds to grade each one. At this stage, I look for their outlines, research questions, and the rough draft. Next week, they'll peer edit and type the final drafts. It will be a quiet, peaceful week for me, but I'll need to start grading all of those final drafts on the weekend.

I'm also planning to be absent myself...but only from a couple of church services. I'm running myself ragged for...well...what? I'm not sure. In fact, I may not go to church at all tomorrow. We'll see what God says. He told me to go to prayer this morning, and that was just sad. I hope He doesn't ask me to go to that again; I don't get any peace from it at all.

I had to forgive tonight so that I could take communion and be ok in God's sight before I go to sleep, and I'm feeling much better than this morning. I think I share my heart too quickly, and that's why I get hurt. What a dork I am.

Perhaps I'll just spend tomorrow taking care of me, praying and communing with God, and enjoying my boys. That will give me a much-needed mental break from the mundane routine I've found myself in lately. It seems that others always have something else for me to do or handle, both at work and at church.

Oh well. That's how it goes sometimes, isn't it?

We'll see what God's up to in the morning...





2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Be blessed my friend... you deserve it! Have a relaxing break from routine and a very Happy Easter!
Love you! Kim

Michelle said...

I love you back, girl.

I wish I could jump in the car, drive across town, and knock on your door.

I need a hug.