Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, April 2, 2009

ministry in unlikely places

Today was a long day.

We taught as usual, but then we had parent-teacher conferences until the early evening.

Afterwards, a few of my fellow teacher-friends decided to go out for a drink to celebrate my buddy's birthday. I'm not really a drinker, but I tagged along and enjoyed some ginger ale.

Yum! I haven't had ginger ale in quite a while. :o)

As I laughed and enjoyed some adult conversation (as opposed to the adolescent banter I hear every day), a colleague and dear friend began sharing about some personal troubles. Yep, folks, I did some ministry in the middle of a bar surrounded by a biker gang.

Doesn't that sound just like God????

I'm tired, but oh-so-content! Let's pray:

God, thank you for such a lovely (albeit long) evening! The day went smoothly, conferences were pleasant, two different prayer times with my pastor were peaceful and relaxing, and the fellowship with my friends and coworkers was exceptional. I pray that my words blessed my buddy tonight. Lord, I pray that he feels your peace as he falls asleep, and please let him have a spectacular morning with you. In Jesus' name, amen!

No comments: