Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 20, 2009

God has a sense of humor!

I have a few minutes before I hit the sack, and I've just got to chuckle when I reflect on my life:

1.) I'm a treasurer. 'nuff said. Ha! I have no banking, accounting, or strong math background, yet He chose to put me in this position. I don't know where I'd be if my friend didn't help me (a lot)!

2.) I have two teenage boys; man, is that comical. They fight often, yet both of them surprise me frequently with tenderness and compassion beyond their years. They want to be "men" so badly, yet I can't help but see the "little boy" in both of them from time to time.

3.) A "guy friend" recently told me that I'd make a great wife, and even my ex-husband has told me that I was wonderful as a spouse. Yet no one is interested in dating me. [Actually, two guys are very interested, but they aren't Christians and therefore don't pray. A non-praying spouse isn't an option for me.]

4.) I'm 99% sure that God called me to minister to the women at my church, yet most of them aren't even remotely interested in listening to me. Hmmm....

As crazy as life may seem, I trust that God knows what He's doing. He can take a harried, single mom like me and do something cool with her life. I just have to let Him work on and in me. In the meantime, I'm willing to do whatever He's calling me to do. How about you?




No comments: