Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, April 19, 2009

thankful

I'm feeling grateful this morning for every blessing. Let's see:

1.) I have a roof over my head. Granted, it's not very big, and it needs a lot of work, but it's mine. No more landlords, no more holding groceries in the rain as I walk past several apartments to get to my own. ;o)

2.) My boys are healthy. So many children are battling diseases such as cancer and leukemia, and yet my boys' biggest worry is what to do for fun after school. We are truly blessed, aren't we?

3.) I am healthy. I prayed for a young girl, Jesse, who is battling cancer and undergoing blood tests and treatments on a regular basis. Yet, for some reason, God did not ask the same of me. I don't know why he heals some and not others; yet, I can't help but feel thankful for my life. I only needed surgery to remove fibroids and some pre-cancerous cells, and now I'm fine. (Thank you, Lord!) Which leads me to the next one...

4.) I have insurance. It's not as good as it used to be ($0.00 for prescriptions and only $10.00 deductibles for doctor visits), but at least I have coverage. So many people must pay the complete cost out-of-pocket. I would be $15,000 in the hole right now if I had to pay for my surgeries in December and January, and I'm grateful for the much smaller $1,500 bill I have to pay. (It'll only take me a year max.)

5.) I still have my mom. She will be 76 in August, but she's still alive and keeps me company at least once a week. Sometimes I'm at her house, but she usually comes to mine for the peace and quiet. (She lives with my sister, who has custody of her two grandchildren. She'd live with me, but her horse of a dog hates my little one.) My mom is a God-fearing, kind, compassionate, loving, patient woman who has been an excellent role model for me. I feel blessed every day that I have with her.

6.) My job has its wonderful moments. I am a teacher, so there are obviously going to be days when the kids get on my nerves. For instance, they had THREE weeks to get a research paper done, and 1/3 of them (maybe more...I didn't actually count) didn't even turn one in on Thursday. Yet, it's so easy to get out of bed in the morning because I really do love my job.

7.) Finally, I am about to go to church. I don't know why God picked me to be his child, but I'm glad He did. Church as I know it may change in the near future, but I will always have my faith in the Lord regardless of the building I attend on Sunday. I'm thrilled that both of my children have accepted Jesus as their Savior, and both of them have stories of how God has used them in particular situations with their friends.

I am blessed.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Once again Michelle, I'm blessed too for knowing you!

Daphine said...

Yes, you are blessed and you blessed me with your post tonight. What a great list of thankful(s)!

Have a great week ahead!

Michelle said...

Hi, girls!

Kim, I am THRILLED to announce that I only have the frills on the edges (I don't know the real name of them) on your blanket, and then I can put it in the mail! WOOO HOOO!!! [I really DID crochet you a blanket. Really! You'll see it soon, Lord willing!]

Daphine, thanks for stopping by again! It's so encouraging to get happy messages!

God bless you both!