Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 9, 2009

tired but happy

I had fun today! Let's see...

1.) I went to prayer, which was nice. Then I went to prayer at my job and made plans to visit my friend, Annette, tomorrow morning before a staff meeting.

2.) I was asked out on a date this afternoon. Yes, I've been wanting someone with whom I could enjoy dinner and movies, but I just don't feel God urging me to date this particular guy. Believe me...if God isn't in it, I don't want it, regardless of his wealth or looks. Still, it's always nice to feel beautiful.

3.) My other friend, Chris, and I were able to chat for a while this afternoon. He is just a coworker, not a boss, so he never asks me to do anything for him. Man, it's nice knowing that he is interested in me as a person. He doesn't seem to care who sees us chatting; in fact, he isn't uncomfortable coming to my classroom for a good laugh.

4.) Yet another friend, Matt, told me about an open invitation to see Fireproof at a church. My older son was ill, and my younger son didn't want to go because, for the first time in a while, the weather was nice enough to play basketball with his friends in the driveway. So I went alone, and I'm glad I did. I highly recommend it! (Someone told me that I'd cry, but I didn't. Really. I didn't cry. I just had something in my eye...)

5. I received lots of compliments on the suit I wore to work today. It was a gift from a friend, and I'm sure she'd be pleased to know that folks like her taste. :o)

Sorry, folks...I'm sleepy and can't even think straight anymore. I suppose I'm done for now. Sweet dreams!


No comments: