Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 2, 2009

I found the perfect prayer group for me!

My pastor invited me to a 6:00 a.m. prayer group, and today was my first day participating.

Wow!

I knew that my pastor wouldn't be there because he had to go out of town, but I went alone anyway. As it turned out, I made two new friends (Loretta and Jo), and my beloved friend, Pastor Everett, was there too! ;o) I was also acquainted with two other pastors, although I don't know them well. The atmosphere was definitely charged with the presence of the Holy Spirit, and I loved every minute of it!

And the best part? There was NO competition in the prayer time; on the contrary, we prayed FOR each other! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

It was sooooo much fun! Unfortunately, the last day will be Easter Sunday, but I still have three more weeks to enjoy the company of such a great group of folks who have hearts to serve the Lord.

I'm absolutely sure I'm not the only one who enjoyed praying together and encouraging one another this morning. I'm also looking forward to starting my mornings this way, especially when I return to work tomorrow (hopefully).

Thank you, Lord! I'm so excited!

No comments: