Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

happy happy happy!

My day began with some prayer time with a group of folks I am beginning to love. I liked them immediately, but I am beginning to appreciative all they offer to our group prayers. My buddy, Jo, initiated prayer for me as I returned to work, and I'm still feeling the effects of that. Wow. One pastor even prayed for my boys!

And guess what?!?!?!

I got to go to work today! WOO HOO!!!!!!

As I cleaned/disinfected my desk, several students popped in to chat for a minute before heading to their lockers. Then one of the staff members delivered breakfast (a blueberry muffin) and a card for me. :o)

Every single class was on point, and I'm actually a bit grateful that they had a less-than-stellar sub. Why, you ask? Because they now appreciate me. Some said, "This class goes so fast when you're here!" and "You make this so much fun!" Another said, "You make Shakespeare so easy to understand. I'm glad you're back!" Another student pulled up a chair and sat directly next to me as I led the discussion. (According to him, he just missed me.)

One, however, was honest: "I'm glad you're back cuz I miss all the candy!" (I sell candy for the Robotics team.)

Oh well. I needed that last comment to keep me humble, which is something that I've been praying for; I can't complain! In fact, it helped me fit my somewhat inflated head through the door so that I could go home on time. ;o)

I spent two hours organizing paperwork after school, then I worked on church stuff, went home, fed my boys, and then brought one of them back to church for youth group (while I began typing the bulletin).

After that, I did some laundry, and I just finished ironing.

My day was full of amazing moments; my favorite parts of the day were the numerous hugs I received from both staff members and students. I am so loved!

My throat is a bit sore from all of the talking; I rarely spoke during my six weeks off, so speaking all day was a drastic change to my routine. I'm sure I'll assimilate soon.

I've also had great intentions of working out at 4:00 a.m. before my 6:00 a.m. prayer group. Unfortunately, after I finish all my chores after work, I'm not able to get to bed before 10:00. Maybe I'll give myself a few more days to get used to working before I add a daily workout.

What do you think?

I'm so excited about my life right now! I hope you are just as thrilled with yours. Best wishes, and God bless!

No comments: