Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, March 6, 2009

Annette, Melanie, Derek, Linda, and Chris

These are a few of my friends at work. :o)

Annette, Melanie, and I praised God together this morning. All three of us happen to teach English, and when we sing there are three parts: soprano, alto, and tenor. It's actually kind of cool to worship God with these beautiful women...and today we did it in the hallway of the third floor as students hustled to their lockers before school. :o)

Derek is a dear friend who is not only a new teacher but a new husband too. We chatted for two hours today, both venting and also encouraging one another. He has been in the military, and it definitely shows in his "teacher personality." He can be so harsh on the boys, but they seem to respond well to that. Maybe I should treat them that way too, but I am much more of a motherly nurturer than drill sergeant. We simply have different (but equally effective) teaching styles, and he's a wonderful friend.

Linda is one of the wisest women I know! She is old enough to be my mother, and she's quick to let me "have it" (a stern "talking to") if I need it. She is a strong, black woman who isn't afraid of anything, including correcting me...which she has done on several occasions, I might add. Her advice is always godly and wholesome, and I'm fortunate to have such a personal relationship with her. I rarely get to see her, but we were able to chat in my classroom this evening.

Chris is a hip bachelor who is quick to hit the party scene. He teased me about his "friends" who are always trying to get him to go to church (hmmm....I wonder whom he could have possibly been thinking of....), so I grabbed some strands of his hair and teased him about all of the gray since he has more than I do. (I dye mine, but he has more gray than me even if I didn't.) Chris has been an incredibly hard worker, holding at least two jobs, for the entire 10+ years that I've known him. This sweetie pie must have told me at least three times that he's glad I'm back to work because he missed me. I feel so loved!

[side note: My son just said, "Mom, you must have been really tired last night because you were snoring...and you NEVER snore!" I suppose that's my cue to hit the sack soon since I have prayer at 6:00 in the morning...and I literally had a 15+ hour day today.]

I'm off to check one more set of e-mails and then it's time to rest. Sweet dreams!


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Have a good sleep...

Michelle said...

It was wonderful, but I wish I had slept until my alarm went off. I work up 30 minutes too early!!!! :o)