Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 23, 2009

s-l-o-w-i-n-g d-o-w-n

Today was the first time in three weeks that I've gotten home by 5:15 p.m.!

I had dinner done in the crock pot, but my children were with friends in the beautiful sunshine this afternoon. I ate alone, but it was relaxing...I was chatting on the phone with pastor while I nibbled on the pork chops and veggies before savoring a homemade cinnamon roll for dessert. (I love making those...they're cheap, and the boys think they're yummy too!)

Although it was tempting to stay at my desk and get more done at work, I chose to come home shortly after drama club rehearsal. Then I did some reading, watched a bit of t.v., and came downstairs to type this entry.

I'm planning to be in the bed early so that I can get up at 4:00, put chicken in the crock pot for supper, try to do one of my Taebo workouts for the first time since surgery, shower/dress/put on make-up, go to 6:00 prayer, and be at work by 7:15. Actually, that morning schedule looks entirely too hectic, but it really isn't as bad as it sounds. In fact, after Easter Sunday I'll be able to sleep in until 5:00 every morning. ;o)

Since it's 8:38 and I'm already sleepy, I suppose I should jump into prayer:

God, thank you for allowing me to slow down today! Thank you for kids who come in, hug and kiss me, and actually talk to me about what's on their minds.

Lord, you are so amazing! You see each of us where we are, whether we're happy or depressed, content or distressed. I like spending time with you, and I LOVE when your spirit ministers to me (especially in my lonely moments...like now).

Help me not to get too involved emotionally with anyone but you, Lord. I don't want to need anyone. You and I can do this together, right God? Help me to remember that.

Perhaps you can help me with boundaries. Maybe I need to stop carpooling when visiting other churches, which has been often due to Lent. Driving alone, listening to worship music, and praying calm me quicker than anything else. Would you like more time with me that way?

Father, I pray that you bless every person in my life, especially those who have hurt me. They didn't know any better, God. Some of them are just irritated at the world, and I seem to be a convenient punching bag. Others have difficulty listening to me because I'm so much younger than they are, but bless them anyway, Lord.

Clean me up, Lord! I want to be pleasing in your sight at all times, but I need you to help me. I love you, and I praise you with every breath that I take. In Jesus' name, amen.




No comments: