Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ugh...

In case you hadn't noticed, I've had very little time to chit chat here. That's because I have been forced to grade all of these stupid practice OGTs for my 160 students. The reading test had 7 essays, and the writing had 1 short answer and 2 extended response questions (think full-length essays).

I don't want to grade any more tests!!! :o( It took 2 hours to get through a single class set of reading tests, and I have six classes. I'm halfway done; I left the rest of those at school.

I just finished the second batch of writing tests, and I have 4 more to go. I might be able to knock those out tonight; we'll see.

On a MUCH happier note, I met with Jamie and J.J. after church today, and it looks like I'll lead a Bible study for a local group of women beginning on Tuesday! Woo hoo!!!!! That's exactly what the Lord has been laying on my heart lately, but I had no idea how he was going to allow me to minister the word. Now I know! :o)

I also ran into a friend in the grocery store this morning before I went to church, and we're both having trouble in the guy department. In fact, after hearing my pastor's response ("Maybe God doesn't really want you to 'play' right now...") and her circumstances at the moment, we've both agreed that the single life is for us. Sadly, my heart yearns to be loved, but I guess God doesn't want that for some reason.

Church was especially hard today. Pastor rocked (as usual); I just felt this incredible sadness during the service. I even missed communion because I left the sanctuary for a bit to compose myself; I thought I was going to cry in front of everybody. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I'm glad I start ministry again soon. I rarely focus on my own issues when I'm loving and encouraging others.

I've given myself a 30-minute break, so I've gotta go; I wanna play Tetris before I resume where I left off. Have a great evening!

No comments: