Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, October 31, 2009

little scare on Halloween

My mom was crying when she called and said, "Michelle, I don't feel well. I'm going to the hospital."

Click.

Before I could even ask which one, she had hung up.

I had already gone to bed, so I jumped up, got dressed, and hopped in the car. On the way to hospital #1 (there are 2 near her home), the Lord said, "Just stop by her house first." So I did, and she was there!

Apparently, my mother changed her mind about the hospital. My sister called the paramedics, and they couldn't find anything wrong with mom. Her vitals were perfect, her sugar level was just a little bit high (diabetic), and her oxygen levels were great.

For some reason, she couldn't breathe. There was no pain in her chest or arms, so they don't think it was a heart attack.

I ended up chatting with her until 11:30. I was exhausted from an incredibly stressful day (work was fine, ex was difficult), but I just wanted to stick around as long as I could without the threat of falling asleep at the wheel on the way home.

I wish she had gone to the hospital for tests, but she felt better after she prayed - - - she didn't see the need.

God is soooooooo good.

No comments: