Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

a bit of venting

May I vent for a sec?

Why must married men be the only ones interested in me? What in the world do they expect? Wouldn't they wonder about ME and my fidelity if I DID choose to date them? My pastor and I happened to chat about this briefly this week. I find it intriguing that anyone would consider having a serious relationship with someone who would cheat (or be the "other" woman).

I got propositioned today, and I was totally offended. How dare he think I would even CONSIDER something so...so...inappropriate? Sheesh! Yes, I desire intimacy and companionship, but NOT with someone else's husband, for goodness' sake!

(whew)

Prayer request: Please pray that I remember that I am a child of God all day tomorrow. I will need to address something that happened to my son, and his teacher is my co-worker. (Yes, I teach English at the high school that my sons attend).

I tried to exhibit restraint by NOT addressing her today, but I definitely need to have a chit chat with her soon. Please pray! This is also someone with whom I have shared my faith, and that makes this doubly tricky for me.

Happy news: Pastor had my back today, and I totally appreciated it.

More happy news: My friend is feelin' pretty wonderful after her surgery this morning!

Even more happy news: My teenage boys are actually getting along, laughing, and playing a game together. I'm letting them stay up an extra half-hour just to hear the joy!!!

Best wishes for an incredible Thursday! God bless!

1 comment:

Daphine said...

You go right ahead and vent... especially on something like a married man hitting on you! Gracious!!!!
I do hope that all went well with your co-worker/son's teacher today! I am sure it was not an easy task to do, but I betcha that you did just fine!

I would love to know how it went...

Blessings friend~~~